Fund Development Officer
Position Type: Annual Contract, Full-time, 37.5 hours weekly
Salary: $ to be negotiated; provision of benefits is negotiable
Start Date: January 2019
Location: Windsor, ON
Reporting to the Executive Director the FDO will play a key role in developing and implementing Welcome Centre’s fund development and partnership strategies. This position will support the capacity of the Centre to adapt, innovate, collaborate and embrace sustainable ways of working within the community to achieve positive outcomes for vulnerable women and families at-risk for or experiencing homelessness.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, set annual funding priorities
- Develop, implement and manage a diverse and phased, multi-year strategic fund development strategy (2019-2021);
- Identify sources of operational grants, assist with identifying, preparing and writing applicable funding applications;
- Conduct research on individual and corporate partnership prospects;
- Implement and review several fundraising efforts throughout the year;
- Revise and implement annual donor recognition and cultivation program;
- Overseeing and growing all agency social media outlets;
- Speak on behalf of the agency at events and engagements to increase community awareness;
- Ensure proper stewardship and reporting of Fund Development Plan progress;
- Conduct periodic assessment of donor and partner satisfaction;
- Oversee and grow current Monthly Giving Program;
- Ensure all development activities and functions are in accordance with legal and ethical standards, including the CRA Guidance, Fundraising by Registered Charities.
- Minimum three to five years relevant and proven fund development experience, preferably in non-profit sector, with focus on moves management, donor acquisition and donor cultivation/solicitation.
- Experience in a leadership role
- Experience with fundraising software, such as DonorPerfect, Razor’s Edge or comparable
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including presentation and public speaking skills
- Passion for issues affecting women
- Experience with media relations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated success raising funds in a community-based setting through diverse strategies, such as events, sponsorships, campaigns, and effective volunteer management;
- Past experience with managing a fundraising budget;
- Excellent administrative, social media and computer skills including proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Post secondary degree, diploma or equivalent in related field, and/or equivalent combination of experience/education in related field
- Graphic design skills would be an asset
The ideal candidate will also bring a track record of securing philanthropic and program support from individuals and corporations in Windsor-Essex County. S/he should have a broad knowledge of the Windsor-Essex County philanthropic community
Employer: Welcome Centre Emergency Shelter for Women
The Welcome Centre is a not-for-profit community-based agency committed to providing assistance and support to women experiencing homelessness and low-income in the Windsor community through the provision of emergency shelter and transitional housing support programs.
Please submit a resume, references noted, to the attention of the WELCOME CENTRE HIRING COMMITTEE, By December 14th, 2018.Resumes can be emailed (email@example.com) or faxed with cover letter to 519-971-7596. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be committed to working from an anti-oppression, feminist perspective. We encourage applicants from visible minority, Aboriginal, immigrant, refugee and traditionally marginalized communities to apply.
Time-line of the recruitment process:
Posting period: Nov 29-December 14, 2018
Deadline to submit applications: 4pm December 14h, 2018
In-person interviews: December 12th- 19th, 2018
Selection of candidate: December 20th, 2018
Target start date: Monday January 7th, 2019